Initial Intake Counselling Session: $275
Duration: 50 minutes
Subsequent Counselling Session: $250
Duration: 50 minutes
*Tax is included in prices
I am a Registered Counselling Therapist (RCT) and my license number is RCT-C17-015. I also am a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) and my member number is 2341.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. There are many Green Sheild, Medavie Blue Cross, Desjardins, Great West Life, Manulife, and Sun Life Financial insurance plans that are covered. Please contact your provider before the first counselling session to see if RCTs or CCCs are a part of your insurance plan and to verify how your plan compensates you for counselling services. Insight Mental Health Counselling does not offer direct billing but I will be happy to provide you with anything you need to submit for possible reimbursement.
I recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Does my health insurance cover Registered Counselling Therapists or Canadian Certified Counsellors?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Examples of Nova Scotia Companies Covered:
- Admiral Insurance
- Halifax Professional Fire Fighters Association
- Halifax Regional Police Association
- Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS). Click here for list of members
- Health Care Workers of former Health Authorities whose plans are administered by Medavie Blue Cross
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers – Local 625
- Ledwidge Lumber
- Mainland Nova Scotia Labourers – Local 615
- Manulife Financial Employees
- Nova Scotia Government Employees
- Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP)
- Professional Association of Residents – Maritime Provinces – Residents of Dalhousie Medical School
- Shaw Group
- Shaw Brick
- Shaw Resources
- Ven Rez
- Prestige Homes Clayton Developments
- Tandus Flooring Ltd.
- United Associations of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing, Steamfitters, and Pipefitting Industry – Local 56
- Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) – Program of Choice – 12 (POC-12)
Insight Mental Health Counselling accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you will be charged the full session fee.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!